Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving day.

I hope everyone had a good holiday, mine was proof of the old saying, "The best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry". The plan was to cook a turkey and stuffing overnight then in the morning cook the mashed potatoes, turnips, and butternut squash. Good plan, I bought all the needed accoutrement's, including black olives, green olives, baby dill pickles, sweet gherkins, and cranberry sauce. On Wednesday night I go bored, dark at 5pm sucks so I stuffed the turkey and put it in the oven at 8pm. At midnight I took it out of the oven, removed the stuffing, wings and legs and placed it all in the fridge to be carved as the vegetables cooked. I awoke early, jumped on Jenny and went out to breakfast at the Diner, Banana Waffles with whipped cream and coffee. I finished eating, stopped by the nursing home to wish my mother a nice holiday then took Jenny down through Stonington, Mystic, and Groton. With my face being freezer burned and an ice cream headache, without the taste of ice cream, I packed it in, parked jenny in the driveway because I was too damned cold to play with the padlock on the shed. I went inside, made a cup of coffee, flopped into the recliner with my coffee, a pack of smokes, a bottle of Jack Daniels, and the remote. Being the holiday season I fished through the Television listings and settled for a Zombie Movie, Warm Bodies, a Zombie Love story. This was probably the first Zombie movie I have ever seen that had a happy ending. (Weird, but pretty good)."Warm Bodies" ( http://www.youtube.com/warm bodies  )Then it was "Turbo" and "Planes".. getting hungry I opted to finish preparing diner....well....after relaxing with the cigs and Jack, diner turned out to be carved turkey and stuffing with gravy, olives and pickles. To hell with skinning, slicing, chopping, and cooking Veggies. Food in hand, it was back to the tube, "Reds 2",  Mid day I had turkey with stuffing, supper I decided on Turkey/stuffing sandwich, night snack: Banana and white chocolate w/ Jack Daniels (note: bananas do not really go with JD).  That was pretty much it for the day, a few other movies, a couple partial movies, food, and a recliner.


No comments:

Post a Comment