Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Powerless

Here I sit, alone with my thoughts, sitting in the dark, and for the life of me, I don't know why. We had a storm less autumn , none of the proverbial hurricanes the experts said we were to be suffering. The official statement at the beginning of the year was "this year was to be the worst for hurricanes ever. We had none.  So what happened? Why am I sitting here in the dark, with a candle and a cell phone typing this? Could it be that the power company feel shorted? Did they feel slighted? Had they prepared all year for the storms that never came? Perhaps that's it...perhaps they felt sorry for all their employees who worked so hard through out the year preparing, that they thought they would throw them a bone. You know, shut down a grid, let them figure out the problem and come to the rescue. Or perhaps they had all this money set aside for overtime and if they don't use it they lose it.  All I know is the wind is not blowing,and the rain has not turned to more than a sprinkle and over 1500 people in Groton are sitting in the dark.

And I am one of them


Klay





addendum : there are 2300 people without power including Ledyard

No comments:

Post a Comment