Wednesday, November 13, 2013

you know what would look good?

Don't get me wrong,
I think this looks good in my yard, especially with all the green in the background...


But...


I'm thinkin' it might look better with on of these in between Charlotte and Jenny.
I'm just not sure which...

The Classic

The Vintage

or the Chieftain

I guess If I were to do it, I would have to give her a name too.

Maybe; "Kiwidinok"  which is a Cheyenne girls name meaning, "of the wind"
or "Meoquanee" Cheyenne meaning" wears red

looking up native american female names I have come to believe a person did not earn a name simply for being born, it would seem you earned your name, because a lot of the names have to do with activities or traits. for instance the Algonquin name  "Makkitotosimew" means "she has large breasts" so either they waited to see a trait or it was just wishful thinking. 
And I am not sure who would purposely name a child "Nittawosew"  "she is not sterile", it does seem like something you would want to saddle your daughter with at birth.

As for the bike...  Wachiwi, Sioux for "dancer"


2 comments:

  1. Having taken the Vintage and Chieftain for a test ride I think you may prefer the Vintage for the added leg room. I found the Chieftain better suited to my short height. So anyone with longer legs may find it a bit cramp. On the other hand, the Chieftain has nice console with easier to read displays and a stereo. Both bikes were powerful, yet easy to handle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would probably be the Vintage if I were to get one, I already have a full fairing bike (Charlene) and I already have a Bagless bike (Jenny) so a Windshield and bags would be a nice "tween" bike....Of course right now...it's just dreaming.

      Delete