Monday, November 25, 2013

Waste of a weekend



Saturday was pretty nice if I do say so myself, a little chilly in the morning but it warmed up to the 40's with bright sunshine so why not. I took Jenny out to breakfast and because I had no inclination to work in the house, I hit the roads for most of the day. It was a damn fine day for riding, no special gear required (as in electrical) just chaps and leather jacket, gloves and hat (Skunk fuzzy). The GM at the Harley Dealership told me that with the hat I looked like the Monkey from Lost in Space (Bloop), I told him that it was a damned good thing we were both old, because someone younger would have no idea what he was talking about. I also thanked him. because that Monkey was one ugly son of a bitch. Honestly I don't see any resemblance, Bloop had a giant head and two rather large ears, the Skunk fuzzy has a Mohawk.



I guess it's a good thing he associated me with the one from the show though, because the one from the movie was just stupid.


Any way, the rest of Saturday was nice until I was cruising on I-95 after dark and the tractor trailer truck in front of me decided to kick up a rock,  It hit me in the left shin, it made a hell of a Crack noise on impact and hurt like hell, I thought for a moment it broke the bone. It turned out to be nothing, just a tiny bruise on the front of the bone.

Sunday was a tad cold, the Bike stayed inside, while I went out and spent money. I bought and installed a new kitchen light, new storm door handles and latches, and made a closet roller work as a wooden storm door fastener. It doesn't look that great but the glass portion doesn't keep trying to fall out. I also ordered a dew Dinning room set and kitchen set, so I will now have someplace to eat, sit and tie my shoes, and pile crap. The rest of the night (Night! dark at 5pm) was a test in dealing with boredom. This morning I awoke early, had a shower and a shave, got dressed, threw on my leathers and stepped outside to retrieve Jenny from the shed. About a month ago I installed the lead so Jenny can support heated gear, which...is in Charlene's  Tour-Pak. 
The air was crisp and fresh, and while there was no frost on the car or the grass, it was still cold and you could see your breath.
I arrived at work and parked the car in my normal parking spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment