Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Dark Side

I awoke this morning bright and early, OK it was early but far from bright, the sun sleeps in a tad longer during the colder months. I had a great cup of Peet's French roast Coffee, (Peet's is Starbucks, Starbucks is a chain, Peet Retired). I decided since it wasn't raining out, it would be a fine day to take Charlene to breakfast and then work. I put on all the Leather Toasties and the Skunk Fuzzy, went out and started Charlene. I almost always leave her in neutral so I was a little surprised to find the Neutral indicator was not lit. After playing with the gear shifter for a couple minutes I determined that the Neutral indicator was not indicating. I threw on the ignition switch and received no engine start light, starting her up I found I had no gas gauge, tachometer, oil pressure, air temp or volts, hitting the road I also had no speedo or gear indication. It all worked the night before so I am assuming a fuse blew, why is the question. I do have the important items working, lights, heated grips and cigarette lighter, so the bike is drive-able. So she is in the back room at work today and when I get a chance I'll open her side cover and check the cluster fuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment