Sunday, November 17, 2013

the banquet

The banquet seems to have been a success, I HEARD no reports of anyone leaving deposits in the parking lot, unlike last year when Danny left an obstacle course for Steve Distasio to get in his own car but then, I did leave fairly early. Just as the previous year the AK47 found it's way onto the floor.

 There was an abundance of raffle baskets and calling out the winners took a while,as for me I could have used a little more light in the room to read the ticket numbers being on the upper side of 50.

The basket I brought didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, I couldn't find any tobacco. The plan was to make ATF basket but I couldn't find any tobacco. the 9mm box I had, but the lack of tobacco rather destroyed the project,so it just became a booze basket.

The food was good but the chicken could have used more garlic. Actually my favorite of the evening was the appetizers,I love moldy cheese (Bleu cheese) and bree.

Not being much of a drinker I left around ten . spending a sober evening with drunk people is not really my idea of fun. After spending my teens through thirties working with the fire department and rescue services I found it was a lot more enjoyable cutting them out of cars than associating with them . I never went in for the whole designated driver thing. To me it seems to promote stupidity, it gives people who never take the responsibility to be the driver a reason to get totally shit faced without worrying about the consequences. Responsibility is how we grow up.at some point a person needs to say,"Damn that was stupid". But I digress,

Everyone I talked to seemed to have had a great time.












No comments:

Post a Comment