Thursday, November 21, 2013

Skunk Fuzzies, a report confirmed.

A few years ago I found a hat I figured would be unusual and cool to wear in the cooler months. It was made and sold by American Eagle, they called it the Mohawk Trapper and it came in many styles and colors. For myself, I chose the black, gray and white one and I named it a Skunk Fuzzy.

 I found that I was correct on both counts, it was warm as hell and a hit with those who saw it. Not to mention, since the fur lining pretty much matches my facial hair I have had people surprised when I remove the hat and a smooth bald head pops out. 

 Everywhere I went women commented on what a great hat it was. It turned out to be so popular that many members of the Club went out and bought them in varying styles and colors. I lived in this hat for the past two winters and had never found anything better to keep you neck, ears, head, and part of your face warm. The hat was so much a apart of my riding that when it was destroyed, (they don't like washers and dryers, they knot up and shrink). I had to get another one. No simple feat since American Eagle no longer offers them. After two attempts at buying them and a few excursions trying other hats, I finally found and bought another new one off E-bay.

As far as the hat keeping you warm,  there was one dissenter, one of the people who purchased one said they were not that great at keeping you warm. I was astounded, I thought he was a little off in the melon or something. But....

I have to admit that he has a point. Sure the hat works great if you have a fairing or a windshield, But I took Jenny home last night, and while not totally uncomfortable, probably due to the small amount of time I was on the highway, it was a tad cool. You see, Jenny has no windshield, no fairing, and like Sandwiches bike, there is nothing to keep the wind in your face off your ears. The air pushes in and causes the side flaps to move outward, allowing your ears to have fresh air circling them.  So Sandwich, you were right, on the wrong bike...not so great. So might I suggest you pick yourself up a Road Glide, Street Glide or Electra Glide and that way the hat will be perfect.


klay

No comments:

Post a Comment