Monday, September 2, 2013

The Sunday ride was....

It has been a long time since I have enjoyed a Sunday "Mystery Ride" with the club. Don't get me wrong, I love visiting with my Brothers and sisters before the ride, and I love visiting with them at the destination, but the rides have been, what's the term, not boring because of the roads, "Stale" that's the term. Let me explain, the roads we cruise on are good roads, they are actually fun to ride on, but the same roads over and over become numbing, but there are only so many ways to get to places.

 And that's why I really have to say, this Sundays ride was great!!!. I didn't have to lead and watch everyone else so I was allowed to cruise and because it was a small group (5 bikes) I could relax look around and enjoy the ride. Dave took some time and planned a route, the fact that he delivers oil to houses in these out of the way, middle of the bushes, locations is probably a help. This was the first time in a REALLY LOOOOOONG time where I had no idea where I was. Fantastic!!! New roads!! He cruised along at a smooth speed and the single file roads were fun. Thank you Dave, it was a joy,

I am not going to try and explain the ride so I will just post a link to Vince's posted details on the Club blog here.
http://beardinthewind.blogspot.com/2013/09/sunday-ride-report-9113.html

I do want to give gave an apology though, when Dave turned into the parking lot I thought he was parking us there, but because there was no parking allowed there and the fact that the event attendants were waving us over I went straight to that lot. Truthfully I would have voted to stay there instead of going to eat anyway sense I had just had breakfast at 9:30.

A note, Vince says we stopped for a discussion before heading down the dirt road. Let me explain, Sandwich and myself have been down the roads that follow after crossing the bridge at the top off Devils Hopyard falls, usually at speed.;'[8888888888888888888888888iii]]]]]][[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

(Sorry about that, the above was typed by kitten jumping onto the keyboard, the young need attention)

When we hit that intersection, I couldn't remember if we had ever gone straight before, we decided we hadn't, so we cruised into the unknown, around a curve and down hill lead us to dirt. As we pulled up back on Devils Hopyard road, Sandwich told me when we hit the dirt section he could swear he heard Rick and Bubba laughing.




No comments:

Post a Comment