Wednesday, September 18, 2013

They're killing me

I know you have already heard part of this, but here is a recap before I get to the new information.

Since the house has entered Probate and is changing hands the insurance company has decided it needs some improvements. because of a hole in the linoleum, in the kitchen, under the table, the Company has decided that this was a "trip hazard" and I had to have it replaced. So I had it replaced. Since the old, spelled original 1958, tile under the linoleum was asbestos based, replacement required a new sub floor and covering. This I did, I had until the 16th to get it done, the contractors placed it on the 13th. 

The Insurance Company required that the front steps, which lived below a handicap ramp, be replaced or repaired. The steps could not really be repaired, so the same day as the floor another contractor poured the new steps. I sent the photos to the insurance company. They asked where the railings were. I told them, (the contractor said), the steps are not over 30 inches so require no railings. The Insurance Company advised me that any steps over 3 steps, require handrails. Now I would simply drop the handicap ramp back over the steps, but...they, it turns out, do not meet code and would have to be rebuilt, $7000.00. 

The problem is, the steps are concrete and until they cure I cannot drill in to add railings.

The Insurance Company I believe have been told the property is in Probate and is currently in Estate status. The Insurance Company in their Divine wisdom and unerring knowledge have Estate in mind...


Yes James, Have the car out front in 5 minutes

The problem is, I don't have one of those, I have something like one of these.
 


But finances for one of these...





No comments:

Post a Comment