Friday, September 27, 2013

Ever heard of a WLA, How about a WLC?

Honestly I never have, but I'm sure Tom knows what they are. If someone says "Liberator" to me in regards to World War II, the image that pops in my head is of a Consolidated B-24 Bomber. Well there was another "Liberator", it was a series and there were a few more of these made than there were the B-24. There were over 18,400 B24s built, but 70,000 WLA and WLC built for service. 





So what in the world is a WLA and WLC Liberator...Let me show you...



Motorcycle, Chain Drive, Solo
Ordnance Supply Catalog G523


Harley-Davidson produced about 70.000 WLA and WLC military motorcycles for the US Army and their Allies during WW2.

If interested check out 

There are a lot of great photos and great information.

No comments:

Post a Comment