Tuesday, May 27, 2014

One pretty good weekend

Considering I worked half a day on Saturday, this weekend was pretty damned good. Saturday I spent the afternoon with Natalie at her new cabin, she has been pretty busy getting the place fixed up, it was previously owned by an elderly couple and there were quite a few jobs that needed to be done and still need to be done...but Saturday was the first time she actually opened the place up to do nothing. 2goldwingers.blogspot.com

Sunday was spent with Jenny, if you are new here, Jenny is the girl that the address of this blog is named after, she is a 2007 Harley Davidson Super Glide, Dyna family.The morning was spent participating in Mike's HD Pappy's Poker Run. The afternoon, was spent for a few minutes in a thunderstorm (stung a bit). Then just cruising.

Monday, Memorial Day, the day started with a work ethic involved, do as much as possible to the house to get as much as possible done. By 7am the bedroom closet shelves were painted, a few minutes later the hallway doors were removed and stacked for scrubbing and painting. Then touch-up was done on five kitchen cabinet doors...then...damn it was nice outside....

About this time Jenny started calling, did I mention she has telepathic abilities?  I was in the house and she started sending me weather reports. We did a bit of riding, locally nothing much, I couldn't decide on where to go, I finally decided on the Diner, This was a little after 10 and I was glad because that means the diner was serving Lunch. I looked over them menu and decided on a Mardis Gras Omelette (pepper jack cheese, mushrooms, onions and jalapenos) and a Bob, (bowl of bacon). Done with grunts I cruised down 27 into Mystic to see what the el turistas were doing. This allowed me time to shut the bike off, put my feet up, and have a smoke as I watched the Mystic Bridge go up, sit there and come down. As I merged onto East Main street I noticed a green Fairing coming the other way, it Was Hagar, on his way to drop paperwork off at his job. We waved, crossing the bridge I came across another member, Cary Neilson, sitting off the side. I made a u-turn and joined him. We talked about nothing, then Hagar came back through and with the Parade kicking off soon we decided to beat feet out of town, We ran up 27 to 184 to visit a friend of Hagars, who wasn't home.(I was actually amazed he had any) We then headed down rte 2 for fuel at 49. If you get a chance, ask Dave about traffic on route 2 and State Police cars.

We took 49 to Sterling for Apple Cider donuts and Maple Bacon Ice Cream. (You can see the bacon, you can chew on the bacon, all you taste is Maple). The weather was great, sometimes warm, sometimes cool, sometimes spittin rain. A great day for a ride. On the way up we made a stop at Voluntown and found that a parade was getting ready to kick off in a half hour, so..the return trip was 14A to 14 to 169. Then 97 through Norwich, Brickhouse road, to Fire road, across 214 and down to 117 where we broke up. It was a Great weekend.

Anytime, you can find an excuse to stay on a bike, no matter the weather, it's a great day.







 And Hagar, I often mention that "ugly" green bike of yours, I'm just bustin your chops, It looks great in the mirror and it stands out amongst all the Red and Black bikes. I looks good.

That said, it doesn't look as good as the blue one you had, but, what the hell. That blue bike was just damned purdy, not Ugly at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment