Thursday, May 22, 2014

Marlboro Mass.

When I left the house this morning it was raining, so my decision to take the cage was not an upsetting one. It turned out though that the prediction for heavy rains today was totally inaccurate,  by the time I was on 164 in Preston Ct. the sun was out full strength. The rest of the ride up 395 I wished I had taken Jenny,  that was until I hit Massachusetts and scarified pavement.I don't mind riding on shredded pavement but the trucks ahead of me  were throwing rocks all over. The way the stones were bouncing off the windshield and with the sound their impact was making, I'm sure it would have left a few marks considering Jenny has no Windshield.
According to Google the trip should have taken one and a half hours, turns out, it miscalculated a bit. I left at 7:30 in case there was traffic or it was off a bit. The calculation was off a bit as I figured it would be, unfortunately,  it was off in the wrong direction,  I arrived at the hotel one hour and ten minutes after I left home. The meeting starts at 10am, it was 8:42 when I pulled in. In case you have never been to a conference center ,  there Isn't much to do to kill time. One hour eighteen minutes...how much coffee and continental breakfast fruit can a person eat?


At 3pm when I left the meeting, I was glad I didn't ride in the morning, the ride home would have been miserable. The rain and spray was so bad sometimes the lanes would disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment