Saturday, May 14, 2016

I have a question to for anyone in the automotive repair field

Is it just high end car line customers who are stupid because they feel entitled, or is it every car line?

I know for myself, that if I am planning an extended trip, let's say like last September, that I have my bike serviced ahead of time...like in August.

Why is it, the customers here, wait to call on Saturday to set up an appointment for Monday because they are leaving Tuesday morning?  Even better are the ones who just come in on a Friday, without an appointment and want their car worked on because they are driving to Canada in the morning. They expect you to get their vehicle right in and fix whatever is needed. I am quite sure they would be pissed off if they had a car in the shop being worked on, that was there by appointment, and we stopped working on it to work on someone who just showed up, so why do they expect us to do it for them?

Here's a thought, maybe their parents ought to explain to them that just because they were born with a silver spoon up their ass they cannot get preferential treatment at a facility in which every customer it handles has a spoon up their ass as well, hell, some have an entire gold dinnerware set up their asses.

And heavens forbid if the car they have actually needs a part ordered for it. 

On these occasions I prefer that the customer's required part is a specialty item, say a computer, that has to be coded by the factory before being shipped. Sure, I look all concerned and sympathetic while I'm explaining the delay to them, inside though, I am laughing my ass off.



No comments:

Post a Comment