Friday, May 27, 2016

What goes :Boom, blam blam whap whap whap ka-thunk doogk doogk thththththth?

That my friends is the sound of the right rear tire exploding in front of you on a tractor trailer. Most of the noise after the initial parting of air is the sound of whats left of the tire beating the shit out of itself against the trailer. the ka-thunks, and doogk doogk are the sounds of the flying debris coming from the tire beating the shit out of itself flopping onto the pavement in front of you. The thththththth is the sound those pieces make as they slide across the pavement trying to kill you.

I was moving along behind a truck in Groton yesterday on my way home when just such an event occurred, I made a flash decision, I didn't want to be in that lane any more. I made a rather aggressive lane change in a much shorter distance than usual and without as much room between the cages as I normally allow for. I believe the person in the cage under stood since received neither a horn blow nor an inappropriate gesture from that vehicle.

What I did find rather interesting was the amount of debris one tire throws up in the air and back at the following vehicles.

Happily I was not next to or coming out from behind this truck when it blew. What could have been really messy was allowed to be "That's something you don't see everyday" and it gave me this chance to tell you about it.

looks something like this by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment