Sunday, May 22, 2016

People are worried about Gremlins, not me, It's the Goblins I can do without.

People do not like gremlins, Supposedly Gremlins are small creatures that climb onto your bike and fuck with stuff. You mention Gremlins now and the first thing people think of is the movies.


But before the movie there were these creatures called Mechanical Gremlins, you get a flat tire it was gremlins, something gets loose or falls off it was because of gremlins.












Gremlins enjoy tinkering with machinery, so someone determined that Gremlins do not like the tinkling of bells, (it was probably the guy who invented the Gremlin Bell. You need a reason to have protection, so invent the protection then invent the threat). Gremlin bells are sold all over and there are thousands of styles.




Since gremlins Climb on your bike you are suppose to mount them close to the ground, and for some unknown reason they only work if it is gifted to you. (probably another well thought out business plan, someone has to buy it for me, so I'll have to buy them one, just doubled the sales).


Now, all that said, I haven't had one on my bike since 2008, probably has something to do with the fact that I either don't have friends or the ones I have are cheap. Either way, I have no use for one. The last bike I had one on had a plethora of mechanical issues, all the bell-less bikes since, no problems. (I think the damn things attract gremlins.)

For me, the concern is Nose Goblins. these are sneaky little things that don't show up right away. What happens is they fly in your nose while you are riding and they hide in there, the next morning there is a colony of them in there. Now I can't take credit for their name, that has to be left to Stimpy. Stimpy used to keep a collection of them, usually under his chair.


These I believe actually get in your nose by hitchhiking a ride on pollen. The heavier the pollen season the more there are, so it's like deductive reasoning.



There are ways to avoid them, the problem is, sticking a couple Gremlin bells up your nose will in all likelihood hurt like hell, the other method....

Well.. It just looks Goofy.

No comments:

Post a Comment