Thursday, May 12, 2016

For those who ride

If you are cruising along heading west out of the Westerly area, might I suggest a ride down the Pequot Trail. The road, CT 234, starts in Pawcatuck at the top of the hill with route 1, it then parallels I-95 to North Main street in Stonington. (I-95 exit 91), The section from there down to Old Mystic is all new pavement, the road isn't really long but it does have a couple nice curve areas, The Ess section between North Main and Flanders and the section between Deans Mill road and route 27 in Old Mystic at the roads end.

The entire ride is only about seven and a half miles, but it does have some nice movement. the speed limit is 35 miles per hour for the most part and while I'm not saying I would ever break a speed limit law, I would imagine that at a nice smooth speed of around, oh, let's say 50mph, this road would be a nice ride.

(Photos may not be of actual location, simply shown to instill a feel of a possible somewhat similar location)


.

No comments:

Post a Comment