Friday, March 21, 2014

kids aren't that smart and I excelled at being stupid.

When I was a small child my parents bought me the Scarecrow shooting gallery by Ideal. It came with a dart gun, three or four darts and a plastic scarecrow. If you hit certain targets they were worth points. You could shoot the hat off it's head, the four crows off its arms or hit the chest target and the shirt popped off.




This was great, I loved it, I had the game for years upstairs in a box, 
I had the dart gun for one day.

This is how it lasted so long. I had the scarecrow in the basement, I was having a great time shooting the targets. To this day, even though I had the gun for one day I can remember how it felt to push the dart in against the spring and the sound it made with the spring tension and the final little click as it locked in place.
Anyway, my mother was doing laundry at the time, and I don't remember why, whether I had done something dumb or she was just instilling knowledge for safety's sake, but she told me I should never aim a gun at anybody. She went back to folding laundry, and I, shot her in the Ass. 

I don't know why I did it, I don't think there was any really malicious intent, it was just that, with such knowledge offered, it was almost predestined that I had to find out why. 

Why, by the way it turns out wasn't really explained, she didn't yell at me and tell me I could hurt someone or break something. 
She walked over to me, grabbed the gun out of my hand, threw it on the ground and stomped it to pieces.

So the lesson I learned was, if you shoot a dart gun at someone they will smash it and you won't have it any more.



No comments:

Post a Comment