Friday, March 21, 2014

i have found as you get older there is only so much you can remember

Last week or so I forgot a cigarette lighter, but brought raisins to work? Yesterday I went out the door without my keys and had to break in to get them, last night I replaced the glass and wood trim.

 This morning I decided to get breakfast for my employees. I headed out down the road to the diner and to save time I figured I would call the order in on the road. I hit the speed dial on my screen, my Bluetooth speed dial lists the local Chinese restaurant, the pizza houses in New London and Groton and the Diner in Mystic, strangely named the "Mystic Diner", (you have to set your priority's correctly). I had decided we all needed French toast and Sausage, I would also have an order of Bob (the Diner serves Bacon by the Bowl, so Bowl of Bacon...Bob). The speed dial did nothing. About two months ago I bought the new Samsung Galaxy 4, and I have found that this device sucks. I have brought it back twice because the phone gets lost, stops working and has to be restarted. I called AT&T warranty yesterday and there are suppose to be sending me a new one. Anyway, a second push of the speed dial and nothing, so, pissed off I reach into my pocket to grab the phone, cuss it out, and restart it. At this point I realized the phone would probably have worked better if I had brought it with me. I mean Bluetooth is cool but the range is limited to far less than my car on an interstate to my phone on the kitchen table.

I arrived at the Diner, placed the order, had a cup of coffee and waited, the waitress came out and offered a free refill since the cook failed to notice the number 7 in front of the order. Being delayed, this would have been a good time, if I had my phone, to call in a tad late. So...I had another coffee.

Someday...maybe I'll take everything to work that I should....

No comments:

Post a Comment