Thursday, March 20, 2014

Breakfast special and a morning I could have done without

Breakfast this morning was fantastic, and free, (Thanks Tree). As I am typing this I enjoying a lovely large slice of pizza, re-heated in a toaster oven). 

Let me tell you about my morning, 
I did some laundry, I fed the cat, I searched and found my previous years tax info, I grabbed my cigarettes, my lighter, a box of raisins, my pizza, the paperwork, my coffee, my wallet, my phone. Since the cat went outside I fixed her breakfast and on the way out the door I set it outside the back door. I set the coffee on the hood and found...no keys. Yup, left them inside again. Luckily for me I had a spare key made last year, unfortunately, I gave it to my daughter so she could come in and paint the house while I am at work. She hasn't used the key yet, and this morning I could have. I took the wood trim off a window in the door, the glass was already cracked so I figured it would be the one to go with, no sense having two broken or cracked windows. Having no tools to remove the wood I had to settle for a ice scraper, weirdly enough this worked better than anything I have used in the past. just as the last piece of wood came off the glass broke. I push the door open. It stopped, looking through the hole where the glass used to be, I could see one of the glass fragments had wedged itself between the door and the floor, acting like a fox lock door bar. I knocked it out with the snow brush. I found that the glass had managed to peel up about a two inch vee in the new floor tiling. great.

So here I am at work, while my driver is out getting new glass, new wood trim, a new spare key made, and some floor tile glue.

And it's early in the day still...

I can't wait to see what's next.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment