Friday, March 21, 2014

funny

In 1974 my 1964 Yamaha 80 needed a shift bracket. The bike came with the side cover and shifter separate in a bag. The problem was the owner before me broke the shift housing bracket and he welded it. Unfortunately he wasn't very good at welding so the bracket would not fit back in the housing. So for the bikes entire life, it was operated in second gear, as a dirt bike.  

At the time, I was 14, and there was no way I could afford to buy any parts for the bike. I didn't check on the price, I just knew I was living on an allowance and whatever I got for mowing lawns and such. 

So, I was sitting in my office this morning and I started to wonder, if I still had that bike, was the part available and how many hundreds would such a part cost. So I went on line to find out.




Well, they are available..
It's just a matter of how much I would be willing to spend...

To replace that part now it would be...$20.00



No comments:

Post a Comment