Wednesday, March 12, 2014

First time since, well...forever...

Kudos to Natale, The Nat-Meister, The Rev, the Padre, that guy with the second VP pin. Last weekend The Local (to New London) Road Sergeant made a phone call and hooked up with him. Dave and Lane hopped on theirs sleds and headed west to the "Land in between" and met with him. I consider anything between Old Saybrook and New Haven "In Between". I do that because I usually have no reason to go there, so it is like no mans land, just an area to get through before you arrive in New Haven. Sort of like Mirkwood or Fanghorn Forest, Ya can't get where you're going without going through there. But I digress, Dave and Lane met up with Father Steve, who was so excited about his ride, he was sitting in his driveway on his bike waiting for their arrival, for 45 minutes he sat on his bike awaiting their arrival.

I talked with him on the phone the other day and he sounded like a little kid with a new bicycle. But I guess having a body rebuilt and having a year that you cannot ride will do that. I know I would go nuts. Steve would back the bike out, start it up and polish it, that would never work for me, the starting part maybe, be being extremely lazy, cleaning bikes is not my thing, I can always find something else to do, like taking a nap or watching tv. The three of them headed off through Fanghorn (really) and took a cruise. All three of them had a great time, Steve said he was a tad nervous at first but once he started throwing the bike through the corners it was like old days. 

So...Steve, Glad you're back on two wheels and I look forward to some rides. Keep them wheels turning, and I'm sure Jo's glad you're out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment