Friday, July 24, 2015

I have had it in Pennsylvania, I've had it in New York...

They had it in Maine, but we didn't stop so I didn't have it. 

Around here?  You just don't see it.

Breakfast Pizza

There are a lot of different styles, it all starts with eggs and milk whipped up and poured on pizza dough, that is your sauce. It is a scrambled egg base, added into that I have seen chopped hard boiled eggs, sausage, bacon, onions, peppers, and hash-browns (not all together mind you. In Gallitzin PA it had scrambled base, hard boiled eggs, bacon, homefries and cheese. In new York it had fried eggs and sausage. In Maine...I don't know, people the night before were saying how great it was but I never saw it.

The places that actually make a killing with these...gas station convenience stores. Everywhere I have had it they say serving it starts out slow, most people say "yuck". But, once a few people try it, word gets out and its a chore to keep up with it. The place we stopped at in PA said cooking breakfast Pizzas has become a full time job up until lunch.







No comments:

Post a Comment