Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A little bit here about iron Butt Riders

All over the country, possibly the world, there is a group of riders known for riding Iron Butt Challenges and races. These people get on their sleds and do 1000 miles like it's nothing. I remember three people from my Club doing an in-state Iron Butt. Now Connecticut isn't all that big, so it took I believe three laps of the State. I suppose if you lived in Rhode Island and did an in-State Iron Butt it would be like that movie European Vacation when the Griswolds get stuck on the Round About in London, "Look Kids, Big Ben, Parliament"...look kids, Big Ben Parliament".



This last weekend with the Bar Harbor Ride, which came out to about a 790 mile two day ride, I have determined that I do not have an Iron Butt. I have a soft, used to a recliner butt with a hard Bone inside. After about 300 miles on day one, I start to know it's there, by the time I hit 300 on day two, I find myself doing a lot of shifting and I'm not talking gear changes. There were a couple times I was close to riding side saddle. 

As for you Iron Butters...My hat is off to you, but I have to ask, how long did it take for your ass to go numb?  

And if I may ask one other question, with no sensation in your ass, when you use the can, how do you know you are sitting all the way down?

No comments:

Post a Comment