Tuesday, July 28, 2015

How do you spell poltergeist

I got out of work today, I was going to go to home depot to pick up a gallon of paint, some stone, and some splash blocks for the gutters, but I had a headache and went straight home. I opened the door, walked in, walked straight to my room and crashed on the bed, that was at quarter of 5. I woke up at 7:30.

I fed the cat and made myself a cup of coffee and a sandwich. I noticed that the Keurig machine was full of water, which it wasn't when I went to work. As I changed the K cup I saw that it was Dunkin Donuts regular. About this time I was having issues, was my memory that shot, I am sure that I had a Dunkin Dark Roast on my way out the door in the morning....Hmmm...maybe I didn't. As I sat down to have my coffee I noticed on the table that the normal clutter wasn't as cluttered, there were two stacks of items with a spice bottle on the top of one. Not my doing. Someone had been there. I had left my keys in the door, did someone come in while I was sleeping?

I opened the fridge to get cream for the coffee and found a carton of cigarettes....I've seen these movies. Someone or something had been there, never touched the cash or wallet on the table, but was rearranging things while I slept. Then I thought, Natalie. She had texted me earlier today about a road trip to the Carolinas to pick up a puppy that will become a monster, she must have stopped by while I was asleep, but why didn't she wake me, was I that far gone?

I walked into the living room and found the recliner pulled out and facing the wrong direction and the bottle of Jack and two glasses were moved from the table to a storage box. Was Natalie here? It could have been anybody, anybody who wouldn't steal. So I texted her, she didn't know what I was talking about. There was a note on the table, it had a drawing of a little Chinese face and said to, "Put the Laundry in the dryer". OK, if it wasn't Nat, then it must be a Chinese Laundryman poltergeist. I checked the basement, clothes from the dryer all folded, fresh load in the washer. How hard had I been asleep?  I knew at that point is was her or that poltergeist, no one else i know is ambitious enough to move things around a house and do laundry.

I came back upstairs, and texted her again, I asked her why she hadn't awakened me? She replied asking what I was talking about. As I was about to respond I noticed a Fire and Emergency Command text book on my table. I don't have one. I also don't share Natalie's last name which was written on the page edges.

She thought it was really funny, turns out she wasn't here when I was asleep, she was here around 1 in the afternoon. I was just too zonked to notice when I came home. She asked If I found the cigarettes and all the moved items. Then I told her I had her book, She was not pleased, not pleased in a panic type of text, "OH SHIT, I NEED THAT!!. She needs it to study for work. So in a little while I will be meeting her at Foxwoods (not gambling) to get it back to her.

My last text with her has me waiting for her to text to let me know when she is heading out the door to pick up her youngest. Her last text was,  "Have you found the stuff in the bathroom, the toilet paper?

I have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment