Monday, July 29, 2013

The weekend

As I get older (over a half century of breathing air), I find that a few things don't work as well as they used to, OK...nothing works as well as they used to, but some down-right suck. My eyesight is one, annoying but glasses are available, the biggest problem is my memory. Many a day I sit in front of my computer, staring at the screen trying to remember, not only my password, but why I was at the thing in the first place. usually after sitting long enough it comes to me or, I fall asleep, either is OK though, they both are better than just sitting there staring.

So... I have decided to post what I did this weekend, (which was pretty boring actually), which is why the specifics are hard to remember. I woke up to watch Qualifying for the Formula One Grand Prix race in Budapest (Two cities, Buda and Pest, rather like Minneapolis St.Paul). I grabbed a cup of tea (YES TEA, problem with THAT?), sat down, sent a text to Sandwich to remind him of the start and fell asleep. (I do that, everywhere). I awoke at 10:30. Qualifying results would have to wait. I jumped on Jenny and went out for a ride. Jenny took me through Ledyard and North Stonington and into Pawcatuck where I stopped at the Handlebar and Grille for a little Jack Daniels and a Long Trail (they were out of Sam Boston Lager)...

As I exited the bar a few other bikes had arrived and two more were getting ready to leave, I overhead them say how uncomfortable it looked. At that moment I stepped up and sat on the gator seat, the guy did a quick cover..."Nice looking bike". As I lit up my smoke, I heard one of them say, "OK, which way do we go?" I replied "Left, always Left", he looked at me, I told him "A left, followed by some rights will take you anywhere, it's like making a circle." I started Jenny and hit the road...food. In Groton City I stopped at Norms Diner. After eating lunch, I headed to Mikes where I picked up a new Shifter peg and a replacement gas cap (rattle). I took Jenny home, went inside sat down, and turned on the Television. At 11:30pm I woke up. Decided to stay up and play X Box, killing people all night long.

Sunday morning I watched the race which meant that it overlapped the Club ride, not wanting to hold them up with a call, I sat out the ride. Charlene and I went out for coffee, went out for Lunch, went out for Jack and Corona. At 6pm I was home in the chair..sleeping..woke up at midnight, let the cat out / in (thought I was letting her in but when I called her she came up behind me..so..out). Hit the sack...

It really wasn't worth writing this, but because of the earlier blog people expect me to write....so I did.

klay (zzzzzzz)

No comments:

Post a Comment