Saturday, July 27, 2013

Thank God for Club Bros.

I rode Jenny to work in the morning yesterday,


and because of the rain, it was chaps, jacket, gloves, and vest, which meant, riding home in the sun with the same stuff. (Jenny doesn't have a lot of storage on her).

Any way she has been running real fine, no problems. I cruised across the Thames out of New London, grabbed 184, the Westerly Chairman was behind me in his car. After passing Colonel Ledyard highway, I hooked a left into the Mobil to pickup some smokes, Doug Jr. continued on.
I pulled up, ran inside, grabbed four packs and was back to the bike. Flip the switch, hit run, light out, start...nope...click,click,click.  Not a good sound. Even worse when it stops going click,click,click and starts going click             click              ckick, which is always followed by...... click......nothing.

I would like to take a moment here to mention the Harley Davidson Swing Arm Bag,
I really looks great and is fairly easy to install, not meant to ever be in the rain though, and it's really a bad place to keep your smokes. The bag is held on with three straps, each strap has two cut outs which are about a 1/4 ' tall and an inch long. Six excellent areas for water to get in. Not to mention there is in no protection in the front as the flap is from the side. Not the greatest design.

So, unlike Charlene which has tools coming out of her wazoo Jenny has none, and what I needed her was a Phillips screw driver and possibly a jump.

I called Sandwich who, on his way out of work, was at 184 and 201, He made a u turn and arrived to help. One screw and we were at the battery, the screws on the terminal seemed ok, So a ride to the house for motorcycle jumper cables, drive back, hook it up and we were back to click,click,click, ah ha...progress!!!

But...no start. A little jingling of the wires around the dealer installed battery tender wire and we found the fuse holder wasn't closed all the way, but still no start. Someone suggested heavier jumper cables to carry more amperage, we decided to give it a try. I  pushed Jenny across the lot to the truck, as I got there I realized the positive wire was loose, probably after tugging on the fuse holder. Sandwich tightened it back up and she fired right up. After that it was a cruise to the house where Sandwich and I were entertained by Old Grand Dad and some guy in Gold named J. Daniels.








No comments:

Post a Comment