Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Life is different with apes

I have been riding for a few years now, (first bike 1974), and I don't know, maybe I'm anti social, but I hate waving to people. Every Bike I have ever had, be it a metric (Honda or Yamaha) or a Harley (Street Glide, Electra Glide, or Dyna), other bikers want to wave, like we're all one big happy family. 


We'll if it's a family, it's dysfunctional, and I already have one of those. So if you want to make me happy and you don't know me...don't wave, ride your damn bike and let me ride mine. If you ride by me and I don't wave, don't take it personal, it's not that I don't like you, it's that I don't know you and most likely I want to keep it that way. 

One of the best things I ever saw was a hand shaped left mirror made by a guy who, tired of waving 5 thousand times a day at rallies, created. The right side was normal, the left side was the shape of a open hand, it was black on the back. He no longer waved to anyone, but people thought he had. (cannot find the picture again).

What I have found out since I added the Apes to Jenny,

even though they are only 14".... other bikes don't wave. They kind of ride past as if you don't exist...it's like Heaven.

I have found though I get more thumbs up from the side lines now, but...you don't have to acknowledge them.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment