Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The new toy

My latest acquisition is a 2007 Dyna (note the blog address), Cruising along in 4th gear at around 40 she has the sound of a World War 1 Biplane, so, I named her Jenny. When I picked her up she was pretty straight forward, stock seat, stock bars, a highway peg bar with floorboards that made her look like she had elephant ears, but at least she didn't have stock pipes, she had Vance and Hines pipes. The first thing to go was the floorboards on the highway bar, replaced with regular pegs. My legs are a tad too long to ride with my feet on the rider pegs and I found keeping them on the highway pegs was more comfortable, but heal shifting and worse,... braking had to go. So forward controls were added and she is fine. I swapped out the comfort bars for 14 inch apes, and the seat was replaced by a red Alligator spring seat from USA Mother Road. I have since ordered a custom air cleaner cap from D&L Derby Cappers out of Providence ,Rhode Island.


The seat though is a tad short at 13"x 10", so I am looking into a 15" by 12".

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment