Wednesday, September 16, 2015

So endith day 2 for riding

We made it to Akron, no mishaps. Doug did get pelted with dust and stones on route 80 this morning when the truck in front of him decided the pavement was not enough and used the shoulder also.

 We made good time this morning, it wasn't as cold as it was last night, it was colder. I have found that the Gerbing doesn't work, not sure yet if it is the fuse or the plug end, but the jacket worked well as insulation under the leather anyway. The heated grips helped a lot, having those means I can use finger-less gloves and smoke while I ride. Doug can't so a couple times I just lit one and handed it over at speed.

We did have a moment when a herd of deer ran across in front of a car ahead of us. There was a distinctive smell of burnt rubber in the air from that car.

The young one did have a moment last night when he thought he left his wallet at a convenience store, turns out he didn't but it was fun to hear him cussing over the headphones.

I have determined I have a squeak  in the front of the bike. Can't tell where it's coming from. We plan on checking it out later, if we can't find it, I hope it doesn't make itself known later on the trip.








No comments:

Post a Comment