Thursday, September 17, 2015

You know how, when you laugh too hard...

I ran into a bit of difficulty today . We were in Virginia cruising up a lonely back road, when I decided to ask Doug, (Pancake), a trivia question.

If I didn't mention it earlier,  Pancake picked up a Blu tooth headset pack. He mounted them on the helmets, and they have excellent range and clarity. The charge on them lasts about eight hours and being able to talk on a trip shaves time, you just carry on a regular conversation all day long. Which brings me back to trivia.
I noticed while we were at the second West Virginia Welcome Center, that they had State info posted on the wall.

So we are cruising up this winding narrow road, past the house with three Confederate  Flags flying and I asked Doug...

Before I go there, let me tell you about the dog.

Driving up this road into the mountains we were discussing things like banjo music and squealing like a pig. We came around a corner and there sitting in the middle of the lane is a dog. The dog was looking at us like we didn't belong there. This was a hillbilly dog if ever there was one. Pancake approached it slowly all the while trying to figure out how he was going to get past it and outrun it while trying to get his leg over the bike to the safe side. Luckily the dog could care less and just moved aside.

Anyway, I asked a simple trivia question, What is the State of West Virginia 's State animal, before I could get Black Bear out of my mouth Pancake says, "I don't know, sombodys sister". 
I laughed so damped hard I couldn't breathe  and my sides and gut were killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment