Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday Burger

I wanted a burger so,  No,  Not true at all, Friday afternoon, or was it Thursday first, I don't really remember, age is getting the best of me. No it was Friday, Danny called me and asked if I wanted to join the Middlesex ride out of Durham for some restaurant...blah, blah, blah....western Connecticut....blah, blah. To tell you the truth I wasn't really listening. I heard the part about a ride and meeting in Durham, that was all I needed, I tuned the rest out. I wasn't planning it, I wasn't leading it, I don't need details. We were going to be riding...nuff said.

I awoke Saturday morning, expecting the weather to be like we had last weekend, 80's hot, wonderful. I don't usually pay attention to weather reports so I was a little shocked when I walked out the door this morning. I threw on my light jacket, vest and full gloves and backed Charlene out. I hit the road to Danny's. When I pulled in at his house, his sled was idling in the driveway, I went into shed mode, I took of the light jacket, dug the chaps out of the saddlebag, the heavier leather coat out of the tourpack and redressed for comfort. We cruised across to Durham and hooked up with Paul (Bertreaux), Sherry (Ambrosia), and Keith (Forsey). Paul took us across the rest of the state on a great route, lots of Hills and corners, the kind the E Board doesn't like. 

I won't list all the roads we took, because frankly after we left Durham I have no clue. I did see 68, I believe there was a 42, not sure, perhaps an 88 or a 133, don't really recall, I do know we were on 34 for a bit because we crossed the Zoar Lake dam. I do recall passing through a number of towns, New Milford comes to mind, but that doesn't really mean anything, a lot of things spring to my mind, doesn't mean any of it is real. I can for sure say we stopped at a restaurant, in the village of the Happy king, or lord. Yes, a Lord, not so much happy as Gay...Gaylordsville CT. We ate at Alfredo's on route 7, I had a burger. (Told there was a burger). 

Paul led a different route home, that route was , Hmmmft, Gridnnerdon, and klekertonvilltown. I don't know.There was a route 202 and a 6,  I know we stopped in Cheshire. It could have been sooner, my eyes were floating. From there Paul lead then handed the lead over to Sherry. In Durham Keith headed south and home to Deep River, the four of us remaining headed for 154, and 82 to Salem Dairy where we had,  ah...nothing. We split up there each heading their own way, except of course Paul and Sherry who went the same way, cuz they share a way, sort of, You understand.

The complete trip distance varies, depending where each started Danny had a little under 220 miles showing, I don't look at that sort of thing, I have a fuel gauge and low warning light, Damn the mileage RIDE!!!

Here is the route to the best of my recollection:

There may be some inaccuracies there, but that's close....sort of.





No comments:

Post a Comment