Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekend

Woke up Saturday morning, Started Jenny up and hit the road, Mystic and the Diner. After breakfast, I went back to the house and put up some pictures and a couple mouldings. 



Danny showed up and we took the bikes out for a ride, we started by heading over to Avery Point for a Club meet, but not finding them we continued on our original plan. I took Danny through Washington Park, down along the Military Highway to the Submarine Base, out on route 12 up to Gales Ferry, a right onto Whalehead, a right onto 214 where I have never driven so slow before. We got stuck behind a line of cars all the way to rte 2 at Foxwoods. Route 2 took us to 201, where I found out, Ol' Dan isn't use to following me. I was two corners ahead of him at times, I had time to pull over and light a smoke before he caught up. I was thinking of, instead of going up Cossaduck Hill, hooking a left onto Swantown road just to see his expression when the road turned to dirt, but being on Jenny it would have been a damn bumpy ride. The Electra Glides take the rough dirt roads well and I had been on Charlene we would have been kicking up rooster tails.

We took Rixtown across 165 to Bethel road, Bethel across 138 to Edmond, then Oakville and Norman, through Geer Tree Farm, to 201 where I turned left. I should have turned right and realised this when we passed the torn down factory site. So I hooked a U-turn, (Danny I think made a W turn or took the block) and we headed east to our destination, Joe's.

Joe is looking fantastic, and after being through so much it was amazing to see him walking around. He still cannot see but the Opticians are hopeful and are treating him with Color Optic treatment, using colored glasses they give him varying color deprivation in hopes the brain will work to see the missing colors and correct the eyes. We stayed for quite a while and had a nice visit (and a couple beers) with Joe and Carol before heading home. Joe says Club members are welcome to stop by and visit and we reminded Joe and Carol that if the need anything done, let the Club know,

We took 395 back, Danny heading Home, as I headed to the Outpost for a couple Zerbulk Versacarry holsters. From there it was Pizzarama in New London then home, where at about 5pm I fell asleep on the recliner, waking up at 4am I moved to my bed. 

With the weather being so nice today, perfect for riding, I awoke and went to Home Depot... 



No comments:

Post a Comment