Monday, September 29, 2014

Dolomedes Tenebrosus

It's just another way of saying Creepy. I was at the cottage last night, (the building has been painted, so it has changed from a red "cabin" to a blue and white building that looks like it belongs on a beach by the sea, (cottage)). Anyway, I proceeded to shut the basement door and it didn't close all the way, so I opened it  again and slammed it, still, would not close, so I slammed it again. On the third attempt a spider with about a 4" span came out of a really small hole. 

It came out really fast, I was actually amazed that something that big could come out of such a small hole. 

Now, let me just say, I am a tad afeared of spiders, not afraid, afeared. being afraid means I would run away from them, this is not the case, I fear getting bit by the sneaky little bastards. The bites are ugly and they hurt. So I usually try to make sure the little eight legged monsters can't bite, I kill them, with extreme prejudice.

The Spider was a Dolomedes Tenebrosus, the damn thing sounds like a disease. Easier said, it's a Fishing Spider. 


This one unfortunately, did not come to a flattened slimy end, I showed it to Nat just before I was about to mash it all over the new paint with my boot, when she swatted it off the door. So, being night time outside, where it went was unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment