Thursday, July 20, 2017

Y'all missed the Rhode Island Clam Chowder Fountain

              I picked up clam chowder the other day, a quart, ate the first half night before last. Last night I decided to finish it, I sat down in the living room and had supper, the second half of the chowder was nothing but salt, couldn't finish the broth so I set it down. 
Around 11:30 last night, after falling asleep watching a movie, I decided to clean up before heading to bed, I picked up my empty coffee cup and dropped it in another styrofoam cup. I forgot there was chowder left in it, When the cup din't go down into the other one I thought there may have been a napkin or paper towel in the bottom cup so I slammed my had down forcing the top cup down.

   Now if any of you ever took physics you would know that a fluid cannot be compressed, so it blasted out between the cups causing a three foot fountain of greasy, salty, oniony, seafoody slime. It covered the table, the floor; me; and my recliner. Suede does not take well to nasty greasy fluids, but I spent the next hour trying to get it cleaned up.

     The chair looks pretty good this morning, but the house smells like Captain Two Balls House of Clams restrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment