Monday, December 30, 2013

twas a Jenny weEkend

Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday and today were Jenny days. Each day had me out and about cruising on my little babe. The air was fresh and the smells wonderful. The idea was to get out and get as much fresh air as possible and try to destroy this cold that has had me in it's grips for a week. While the riding wasn't long distance and was just one short hop after another it did provide a lot of fresh air and absolute enjoyment. Of course it did nothing to get rid of my cold, if anything it gave it a tighter grip. 

      One of my stops was at a Dunkin, and there a conversation was over heard. As I walked in there was a distinct mumbling coming from a group of older people and when another older gentlemen sat down with them I heard, "No,no... they're not Outlaw, that's New London.  At a fuel stop in Mystic I was using the ATM when I heard someone exclaim, "It's not too cold for that guy, why aren't you on your bike". Some things just make you get that wry smile. 
Yesterday the air smelled great, the only draw back was when it started raining, luckily it wasn't snow. 

  This morning I backed her out and hit the road, when I got to the Walmart at the top of 184 I decided it was time for a stop. My face felt like it was on fire, literally radiating heat. After a few minutes of recoup I finished the ride to work. Running through the parking lot at work I found frost on the pavement, this gave me the chance to perform a Anime style power slide, totally unintended, the back of the bike came out and I just held the slide right into the parking spot. I was a shame there was no audience.

For the ride home tonight...I think...I'll borrow a balaclava off Charlene.

No comments:

Post a Comment