Monday, December 16, 2013

Hey!!! How come there was nothing posted this weekend?

I will tell you why.

Saturday was a busy day, I went to help move a couple blocks at Lane's with Tom, (who was to bring a lift crane). I arrived at 8:30 or so, a tad early considering we were to be there at 9am. Shortly afterwards Dana arrived, then Tom with Chris in tow.Tom did not bring his crane because it was not working due to a lack of hydraulic fluid, but he did bring lift straps and that was enough to do the job, because it turned out that only one slab would need to be moved since the other one was in Old Saybrook.  Mister Scarritt arrived about this time. We decided to load the truck with wood to supplement the weight. Finishing early meant that the arriving club members had nothing to do and there was quite a group that arrived to help out. 

Honestly, while busy, there isn't much to say about the rest of the day....until....The Sun went down....

My plan for the evening was perfect, the execution of the plan was severely flawed. The plan was to, at 5:30pm, leave the house, get in the car, call the Pizza house to order pizzas, arrive at the pizza house early enough to have a beer, pick up the pizzas and head to the club for the Christmas party. A perfect plan. The trouble was as I was cruising up 184 I hit the phone button in the car and the screen came up saying, unable to connect to Bluetooth device. There was a very understandable reason for this, the phone, was on my end table at home. So plan change, I arrived at the Pizza house and placed the order, this had the added benefit of allowing me to have three beers instead of the one I had originally planned. I believe the Christmas party was a major success, spirits were not even dampened by the snowstorm which had picked up in it's intensity. Knowing that the roads would be a tad treacherous, I decided it was a good time to take full advantage of the "cars slipping and sliding all over the place on the ride home", thus knowing that having a little extra booze would actually go un-noticed as long as I kept the vehicle on the road. I mean who is going to notice one more car swerving around. After the party I headed home, the car only lost grip twice, once on the downhill esses on Vauxhall, the other on the Interstate, both were easy to catch and control. I made a stop at the diner for coffee then headed home.

The reason there was nothing posted on Sunday was a direct result of Saturday night. I don't believe I can blame the three beers, I equally do not believe the 4 shots of Sambuca were to blame. I am glad by the way that Sambuca is listed as having an Italian Anise-flavor, as opposed to and Italian Anus flavor, having the later would probably effect the drink's sales market. No, I would have to lay the blame for Sunday purely at the feet of "Jim's "Death by Coconut" beverage. I am not sure what is in it, but while it tastes pretty damn good, and has a distinctive "there's booze in this" taste, it also seems to have a stealthy sneaky side to it. The drink seems to give you a little buzz until you get enough of it in you, then it all goes to work at once. Sunday, I can honestly say Sunday was rather unpleasant in that even after drinking copious amounts of water and coffee I still ended up with explosive pressure in my head which was constantly trying to eject my eyeballs OUT of my head. There was also one instance of having to clean up the living room floor, but that's enough of that.

Simply put, Sunday was sort of a day of recuperation.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment