Thursday, August 1, 2013

A little rain can actually be enjoyable on a bike

The secret to riding in the rain is, strength in numbers. Riding by yourself in the rain is often miserable, all you have on your mind is the wet, riding with someone else...extremely better, It's sharing adversity, seeing someone looking like a drown rat on a bike, gives you a big ass smile on your face, and smiles...are contagious. 

I rode in a Veteran's Benefit Poker run in 2011, there was me and the Vice President from my Club, it was like riding in a monsoon, it was actually fun. The entire poker run rider contingent was hunkered down waiting for the rain to stop. We headed out in torrential downpour, visibility was extremely limited and rain gear was ineffectual, it was a blast. I can't remember having that much fun before. There were times when there was so much water and you were inhaling so much of it it felt like you were in a pool. I haven't laughed so much in my life. 

I major necessity for riding in the rain is it has to be summer and warm.

Below are some pix from a run out of Litchfield Ct, where three thunderstorms converged on us. 

You don't see one unhappy face do you.











No comments:

Post a Comment