Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A ride and coffee?

So, Danny (Hoss) was over the other day, twas Sunday I believe, yes. Him, I and Sandwich went out for a ride after the race. It twasn't much of a ride really, a few miles running up and down back roads in Mystic, Sonington, Pawcatuck and North Stonington. The ride was for riding's sake and was actually used to kill time. The main plan for the day was to take Charlene to Pancakes to be put in the air, she has been making a rotational whistling noise which I thought may be the rear bearings. So I cruised around on Jenny all morning. 

After the ride Sandwich headed home, Hoss stuck around and was going to follow me to Pancakes at 3pm. So we sat around the kitchen discussing different items that were going on or planned to go on. I reached over from the table, grabbed a K Cup, threw it in the machine and continued talking. The heater stopped making that heating water sound so I reached back and hit the button.


 We talked about the up coming twist trip and what some of the plans were for that, we discussed finances and the fact that I will be selling a few firearms to dealers to cover the taxes and insurance bills. (Hey it's either some of those or Jenny).

As Hoss was talking I remembered my coffee, I reached around and there wasn't one there. This is the point where a person should realize that if you decide to brew yourself a cup of coffee it is often a good idea to put a cup under the spigot. I decided I would start over rather than trying to retrieve the coffee that went into the spill collector.


No comments:

Post a Comment