Friday, January 31, 2014

I have determined a thing

No matter how much you love riding, no matter how badly you miss it, there are times when it's not practical. Charlene (2012 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Limited) has been parked for most of the winter season, She has been parked for a couple reasons, 1st she needs a 15,000 mile service, 2nd she needs a new rear sneaker, 3rd she has no gauges or displays due to a short. But the main reason I believe she has been parked is, unlike previous years where I rode through out the winter, this year, the cold has been an issue, I just don't want to be out in it. 

Today though, the weather is fairly nice, the ice all melted off the parking lot at work, so Charlene and I went for a cruise. Because of this cruise I have determined, that no matter how hard you want to ride, getting on a bike when you have tendinitis isn't cool. Twisting the throttle, gripping the bar, no good, unless you like riding with pain shooting down your arm and pain radiating through your shoulder. Sitting at a traffic light while the tears stream down your face.... not worth it. 

Charlene is parked back at work, I think she'll be sitting there a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment