Sunday, January 26, 2014

Friday and Saturday

I was at work on Friday when I received a phone call, it sounded like someone from an earlier time, and she didn't identify herself. She asked what time I got out of work, I told her, She said she would meet me at work, then head to my house to help with the renovations, I said OK. I was much happier when I went out in the parking lot and found her sitting in her car, and it was someone else. It was Julie.

We went to dinner, then tossed out about fifty pounds worth of garbage. As far as getting work done, it wasn't a progressive evening.

The next day I awoke early, wrote some checks, put out some mail and hit the road, I stopped for coffee and smokes, then called the gas company who had mistakenly put the account on hold in July because of Probate not knowing the property was still occupied. That straightened out, I headed to the bank to see about a mortgage. Probate means they have to see what's required to process one, (I guess they didn't believe me when I told them there was a form online).

From there I went to Home Depot for cleaning and paint supplies. Met my girl at Norms for Lunch, then decided to head home, she followed, We made a stop at Mikes Harley, (lot's of packing boxes), we decided since it was warm out (relatively, (37degrees)) we should take the DYNA out for a ride, so I bought her a pair of gloves and we headed to get Jenny.

As Julie brought all the purchased supplies in the house I unlocked the Shed. Forcing the door open against the snow letting the sun into the room, Jenny's paint sparkled in the bright sunshine, that metallic graphite calling out for a ride. Sure it would be a bit of a chore backing her out with snow on the ground, boots with no traction, working against the uphill angle of the ground, slipping, straining, catching the fall and slipping again. But you know something, I thought it would be worth it, The sun shining, the wheels against the pavement, leaning into the corners, the wind in my face, the feel of the throttle, the engine, the bike taking the bumps in the road. There hadn't been snow in a while so the roads were pretty clear. Yeah, I thought it would definitely be worth dragging her out, Julie thought it would be worth dragging her out...Jenny didn't think so, Once again, the cold weather had done it's magic, the DYNA would turn over, (slowly), but the computer refused spark. I spent the rest of the afternoon, smoking, drinking Jack and Coke, and watching Julie work.

It seems she loves a project, especially a big project. She likes to get in there and do it, so when it's done she can sit back and smile, sort of as a reward.


I always thought she was a weird kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment