Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bill of Rights

I believe the United States of America is the best country in the world, Many Americans feel the same way. But why do we feel that way? Much of it has to due with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We are a free nation given inalienable rights. Are we? I never thought much about it before, I recently pulled up a link to the Bill of Rights, have you ever actually read them?

Take a moment to read them and think about them:

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html

Do they still exist?

If not completely gone many have been marginalized. I understand a lot of the reasons, the biggest being the 911 terrorist attacks, and I can see why new laws were enforced to protect the nation and it's peoples, but, did we lose the Country we loved to protect it and is that possible. Can you change something and still have it? It's up to all of us to decide.


No comments:

Post a Comment