Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sometimes you just need the right item to help you.

In my case it was just getting around to it. Since the beginning of Winter, I have been going to hook up charge leads on the bikes, up until today, neither bike has been done. With Jenny (2007 Superglide), I took the side cover off and found that the here is no room to quickly just add a wire, the room between the battery and side cover. So when warmer weather hits I will take a bit of the bike apart and make an access hole with grommet for a permantly attached charge lead. In the mean time I have just left the cover off and used alligator clips. 

Previous years there has been no issue, the bikes stayed at work in the nice and toasty receiving bay, (toaster than a shed that is). Plus the last few years had milder less snow fall winters and the bikes were able to be ridden more.

With Charlene, (2012 Limited), I got as far as taking the seat off. Since the battery is beneath the ignition module and a bolted on cover I have been less willing to sit out in the cold and freeze my fingers off working on it. It's called, procrastination.  I figured I would get around to it. Well today I did.

So Charlene is charging nicely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment