Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Another one of those nights

Yesterday I took the light down in the kitchen in preparation of installing a ceiling fan and light. Once the old was was removed I found that the box in the ceiling didn't really seem to be attached or.. it pivots on the cross bar. I made sure all the mounts were tight (which made no difference), added the new support bracket and tightened that into place. I had the same issue with the dinning room. I then added two wood spacer blocks and glued the entire unit in place. This morning I should have been able to mount the rest of the hardware and put the unit together. I awoke, walked out into the kitchen and took a look at it. The glue had dried nicely, the shim blocks attached to the bracket and the ceiling making the entire box rigid. Unfortunately, it hadn't dried in what one might consider a level position. I guess I could mount the fan to it if I wanted it to be angled and make a bit of whumping noise as it runs.

So after dinner tonight I am going to see if it can be leveled and secured or if I have to remove the entire thing and start over.




No comments:

Post a Comment