Thursday, January 1, 2015

January Plunge

A group of the Club met at the Groton town House for breakfast this morning, a few came in cars but more on bikes. With the knee healing I am not quite ready to back Charlene around so was planning on taking Jenny, but since neither would start this morning due to the cold of the garage, the point was mute. Danny offered a jump, but trying to get a bike up to full charge while drawing juice off it for the Gerbing Heated gear would not have worked, so I took a cage. When I got back to the house later on Charlene fired right up, Jenny, well, Jenny is dead. Breakfast was pretty good but the restaurant was swamped and I don't think they were ready for it, of course 15 of our members and a roughly equal number of HOG riders descending on the place probably didn't help any. I checked with the Mystic Diner tonight and found they had a 30 to 45 minute wait for people to be seated. I had a classic "Southern European Meal, Grits (southern) and Cream Cheese Lox, Onions on a bagel with a Bacon side order. Someone told me it was probably not served like that too often.

I can say, smoked salmon and bacon go together quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment