Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Serene moments lost

What could have been a wonderful morning, wasn't. I unlocked the door to parts and walked in, I had my coffee and a day full of chasing Inventory variances ahead of me, sitting in front of a computer terminal staring at numbers and comparing those to the myriad of printouts an inventory creates. This is not what I find enjoyable. As I walked through the dark department a voice spoke up from the other side of the room wishing me a good morning. It was the IT guy, it turns out he received a phone call at 6:30 telling him there was no Internet and no mainframe connection. He came right down to get on the matter. I asked him who called and told him.

I then called that person, He said, "I didn't want everyone to show up, then have to call IT, then have to wait for him to come down and correct the issue."

I advised him that, well, "I like when I come in and nothing works, you see if nothing works for me, nothing works for anybody, which means I would kick back in my recliner, put my feet up on the desk, drink my coffee, and enjoy a rare morning of....Ahhhhhh".



No comments:

Post a Comment