Friday, January 23, 2015

Jenny and I went out last night

I have been leaving Jenny on charge in the garage, (Charlene needs it but...), and I have been running both bikes to keep them ready to roll.
 Last night I looked at Jenny and saw she was down to "E" and the gas pump light was lit. So I went inside, grabbed a dew rag, a pair of summer gloves and a jacket, I fired her up and backed her out. 

Because the gas station is right down the road, I figured that would be enough clothing.  I turned off Cow Hill onto 184 and headed west, as I approached the gas station I saw the Mobil lamp was not lit, at this point I remembered they have recently removed the tanks and are waiting for the new ones to be installed, so much for a short hop. I continued west to Center Groton, now this is truthfully not a long ride, in the summer I could do this without even thinking about it. I am not sure what the temperature was, the sun was setting and it was definitely leaning towards the chilly side, somewhere in the 20's, I believe around 23F, for those of you using Celsius, that would be -5. One mile up the road, the cold air blasting my sun glasses gave me what could be considered an ice cream headache. I stopped at the gas station, filled her up and without even thinking about "taking a cruise" I headed home. 
Just the 15 to 20 minutes out in the world meant when I got home they was less body heat as should be, frozen face, cold fingers, cold legs. It is astonishing how much difference there is between riding a Ultra Limited with lowers, fairing, and windshield (plus heated grips) compared to a windshield less, wind in your face, hands up on apes Dyna.


No comments:

Post a Comment