Friday, October 17, 2014

New Rifle..but...not

Earlier this year Danny and I took a ride to Hoffman's. While I was there I found a Mauser 8MM rifle.

 It was Beautiful, It was inexpensive, and I wanted it. Danny at this point, stomped on my dream. He mentioned that being on the SuperGlide that the only way I could get it home would be to sling it, and that I wouldn't make it a mile without getting pulled over. So...no gun.

Wednesday night I was talking to a Police Sargent I know, and I mentioned I would probably have been pulled over, and he agree'd, "As a matter of fact", he said, "I would pull you over as soon as I saw you, but it would be to measure those apehangers".

Turns out, according to him, it is totally legal to have a rifle slung while you ride, no law against it. Slung is transport, waving around would be a different story.

Receipt on hand would not hurt though.









No comments:

Post a Comment