Saturday, July 26, 2014

Iron Adventure departure day

The weather Friday morning was an invigorating 65 degrees at 8:19 am as Paul Never rolled into Dunkin, the first to arrive of the Vermont bound bunch. Departure time was set for 9am and it seemed most people were trying to see how close they could make it to that time. 

With 55 people expected to be heading to the Iron Adventure from the Club it would appear most were not riding with the "official" ride up. I am assuming many went on different days and from different areas.




 I myself had intended to head up on Thursday and stay til Sunday, but that is another story. Although I prefer to attend an event from the beginning not the middle. As a matter of fact, on Thursday, I rode out to Dunkin to see the Club off, when I got there and no one was there I remembered, I was heading up on Thursday, not the Club.

The group rolled out a little after 9am, I rode with them as far as route 2 where I broke off to spend the morning with the girls.

I am not sure which way the Club took, but my route the day before would have been straight up route 32 to Palmer Mass, then 181 to Belchertown, 202 to route 9 into Amherst. A few back roads over to 116, Route 116 across the Connecticut River then more back roads up to Greenfield. Route 5 east to route 10 then route 142 north along the west side of the Connecticut River up to Brattleboro Vermont. Then 5 again through Putney, maybe a little BBQ with Curtis before heading on. Staying on 5 would bring me into Bellows Falls and 103 to Ludlow. Did you hear any Interstate highway numbers? I think not. Highways are for getting somewhere fast. on Vacation it's all about enjoying the ride there, the riding around there, and perhaps a few side trips east to lose a helmet for a while. Winnipesaukee, White Mountains, who knows.

Of course... other issues precluded this.

So, it's been local rides and sanding, plus curring branches, removing a pine tree....

ooooweeeee fun.




I love sanding joint compound

No comments:

Post a Comment