Friday, June 20, 2014

Weekends always promise so much...

Unfortunately, just like most things in life, promises don't mean much. All week long we wait for Friday night, you're done working for the week, you have the weekend to do as you wish. Reality is usually different. If you're married, the weekend can mean you are off work but you have a list of things that need to be done. In my case, I am married to a house, and I have neglected her a bit as of late, on Friday I can think of all the things I will get done around the house starting early on Saturday morning. Saturday morning arrives, the plan, awaken, start working on the first thing on the list, then proceed where possible. Let me give you an example, last Saturday I had one cabinet door to paint, finishing up the cabinet doors in the kitchen,  so, paint it, then set it aside to dry, and start another task. The second task was to empty out the cabinets, wash them out, let them dry, then paint them. As the cabinets were drying, I could take the five doors from the kitchen and hall way outside and paint them. While they are drying build the shelves for the bedroom, or sort out the stuff upstairs that have accumulated over the years and toss out what isn't worth keeping. the cabinet door should be dry by late afternoon as should be the hall and kitchen doors. Mount them all back where they belong.

One day, a lot accomplished. 
What actually happened, 
I awoke,  (step one fulfilled) 
I took the last of the cabinet doors downstairs and painted it, then set is aside to dry. (step two done).
Step three.... 7am, starting to get a Little hungry, jumped on Jenny and headed to Mystic for coffee and food. 
Done with breakfast, lets go over that to do list again...
God the weather was getting good..
jenny and I went out for a ride.
End of house repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment