Thursday, November 10, 2016

It's been one of those F@#$ing days

Let's see, it started with me giving my debit card to one of my guys for breakfast, and having him decide to buy instead. Why is this the start of a crappy day? Wait and see.

Work has been really slow lately, beyond slow, boring slow. So I have started Forge of Ages. If you have ever played these games you know there's a lot of waiting as things make or earn other things so you can do something. I have been waiting since Sunday Afternoon to buy a new building, this building produces those things faster than the other buildings, So when I saved enough of everything I needed I could tear down a less productive building and build another good building right next to the one one I already have. 

Oh, did I mention I forgot my cell phone at home? No? OK, I forgot my cell phone at home. It has nothing to do with the game but... It happened so I mention it. 

Anyway, today, at 4:30 I finally accrued enough money and materials required to build that new building, So I clicked on the sell/delete icon, placed it over the building I wanted to remove and poof, it was gone. I reached over, opened the build menu, clicked on the building I wanted to build and moved it to...the spot where the building that was the same was. I deleted the building I wanted to match and kept the garbage building. 
In case you are unaware, these games, unlike regular computer programs do not have a oops button, there is no "I goofed undo my goof" button. So I have waited since Sunday to spend all those supplies to be at the exact same place I was last Sunday.

The other thing I had to do was go shopping today, luckily since tomorrow is a Federal Holiday we were paid today, so I went shopping. I bought all kinds of stuff, including lots of stuff to put in sandwiches and or rolls. Did I buy any bread or rolls...No..Do I have any at home...No....but we don't realize these things while we are at the store, we don't think of the fact that there may be other things we need while were at the store, that all becomes evident when we get home. So I checked out with all kinds of stuff that can do nothing really until I go shopping again...tomorrow.  

One thing I really wished hadn't happened today, was that I hadn't left my phone at home. Remember I said I was going to buy breakfast at work but someone else bought instead. What no one realized at the time was that yes, he did buy breakfast, but he didn't give me my card back.  If I had my phone I could have called him to bring the card. But if I had my phone I could have just transferred money to my other checking account and there wouldn't have been any issue. But I had no phone, so I had to go to the bank, they pushed my cart aside. I went to the bank, they transferred the money, I went back and paid for my groceries. 

Since getting home the day has been ok, sure the bag with all the cans of cat food broke and they went rolling everywhere but that was no big deal, I mean, I feed the cat twice a day, small cans. I usually go shopping for one months worth of cat food at a time, 30 days, two cans a day...60 cans, and they...roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment